Tuesday, May 08, 2007

the surprise

I usually like surprises, but this one was (to say the least) unsettling.
I had my appraisal and some training at work on monday, both went well. I had an away day with the Restoration project on tuesday. Then on wednesday I had product training and to be honest I felt pretty damn good about all of it.
Then, like a bolt from the blue at 4pm I got a letter requesting my presence at a meeting next day at 11am. And at 11am I got made redundant.
Wam, bam, thank you biocare.

I'm good at projects however, and there's no better incentivised project than the 'finding employment project', as I've experienced in the past few years! So off I go, pursuing the dream of a well paid job where people don't take the mickey, or sack you.
Wish me luck!

Los ultimos dias has sido un poco estranos porque me he encontrado de repente sin un contrato de empleo. Otra vez. Deberia estar mas enfadada de lo que estoy pero estoy basicamente enfocada en encontrar algo nuevo.
Deseame suerte!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tienes todo mi apoyo, seguro que encontraras un empleo mejor, te lo mereces, pensare en ti, animo cariño tu vales
besos tieta

ElProfeDeMates said...

Animos, a por otro empleo y con mucha más experiencia.

Besos

Lau said...

I'm so sorry honey!!!!

I phoned you yesterday but got your answer machine... and i've just got home from work now (laaaaaaate!!!!), so can't really phone. Tomorrow?

Love you honey and ganbateeeeee!!!!

Laura

Anonymous said...

Hi Gemma,

Really sorry to hear about your job. I have been made redundant twice, its not very nice.

Its always a good opportunity to find a new challenge though - every cloud and all that.

Hope you find something else soon.

Annette x