Sunday, May 20, 2007

A secret and stuff

More or less I have been quite busy, so much so I wondered how I used to fit in working! I got made redundant on the Thursday and on the Saturday I'd planned to go wedding dress shopping with mum and Lisa. At first I considered ditching this plan and wallowing. But then I thought that with Alex at work maybe a day on my own wallowing might not be the best way forward! So I met Lisa and mum at Pollyanna's bridal shop in Warwick. It was really lovely to get out of Birmingham, almost like a mini day trip/holiday! We spent a while in the shop I tried on 3 dresses and eventually put down a deposit on one I'd fallen in love with the first time me and mum visited. I'm not letting slip any details, just that it's gorgeous and I felt very special in in!
To celebrate the three of us went for lunch, choosing a 1930's style tea room. It was very quaint and we had cute little sandwiches and pots of tea and cake for afters. It was all very high tea/Enid Blyton. I love finding little treasures like that!
I don't want people thinking that I haven't been trying to find a job though. I've had 4 interviews and been fielding calls and searching the internet like a trooper. I'll keep you updated as soon as I have some good news. It's so hard though because I've come to really appreciate the quality of life I had at BioCare. I was able to get home in 4 minutes if I drove, or 15 if I walked! I could go to the gym and still be home before six if I was on an early shift. And I've come to recognise the importance of this in retaining what's left of my sanity. This search for a job is an awkward balancing act between money and lifestyle. Even while I appreciate I'll not find anything as convenient as BioCare I don't want to lose what I've learned over the last 18 months...

2 comments:

Lau said...

Lots of luck, honey...

You know i deeply understand what you say about having a life and having a job at the same time, hehehehe... I wish i could be home at six (and not at eight something with no time left to go to the gym!)

Love you lots
Lau

Unknown said...

Exactly - I've had a life before that left me getting home too late to do anything, too tired to enjoy life, waiting til the weekend to do anything at all; it's crap! I've got this chance to make the right choice and I don't want to screw it up... I just need a bit of luck and be a bit go-getting! x