Sunday, September 17, 2006

Mad weekend

As a rule we don't go out on fridays - I suppose we're rebelling against so many nights out during our student life! Anyway, Vicky called me during the daytime and asked me if we'd like to meet them for drinks and despite my friday reticence we were both up for it. Pete and Vicky are friends from Birmingham University. (http://www.bham.ac.uk/) They are loads of fun but they live on the other side of Birmingham and both have jobs that involve them travelling around the coutry quite a bit so we don't see as much of each other as we should. Anyway we met at The Old Joint Stock, next to the cathedral and had a real good chat. Then came the discussion at last orders of where to head on to... Broad St was a big no no, too cheesy and rough and expensive, hm. Then Alex suggested Snobs. Good old SNOBS! (http://www.snobsnightclub.co.uk/) At university there were weeks where I spent more time at Snobs than I did at the library - don't read this part mother! But we hadn't been there for years! Oh what fun! Me and Vicky danced, we all had a great night. I even got chatted up, four times! It was so funny, they were all so young, bless em!
Me and Al had a dance to the Cure, and even for a few seconds in the sixties room, it was great to get out. Even though I missed yoga at least I can say I got some exercise!
Saturday I launched into a mad cleaning frenzy - I left no corner unpolished I tell you! At the same time Al and Nathan helped our mates Ben and Cat into their new home. Then me and Laura and baby Emma went off in the car on another wedding recky. We went to the Bird In Hand, near Pershore http://www.fusionbrasserie.com. It's definately a big contender. I was able to meet with the Italian chef and owner, not just some wedding organiser (organ grinder, not monkey). It was really good, he had some lovely ideas, and I felt like we were pretty much in tune. Me and Al will definately go back together. Then me and Laura came back to the house to have dinner with Nathan and Al, who'd cooked a delicious chilly, yum! They left at about 8.30pm to get Em to bed, and me and Alex did the same; I'd say we were asleep by 10 o'clock!!! Lurvely bed...
Today is sunday, got church, then off to see a hotel that is near Coughton Court.
Pads is loving the weekend, after a few weeks of long weekends and being able to go out as she liked the last week has been a bit of a shock!
Today is

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did i chat you up in snobs last week? I was in there on saturday and sure it was you I was talking to.

Unknown said...

hmm possible, hard to tell without your name!!!

Luis said...

Luis and I are always knackered on fridays as well and we hardly go out... and when we do, we're dead for the weekend, hahahahaa...

We're old!

Love
Lau

Anonymous said...

why are we waiting?!? - update your blog Gemma - Please!

Luis said...

Yup, y agree with the last comment....

update the blog!!!!!!!!

Have you set up a date yet... or whaaaat?

Besitos
Lau

Anonymous said...

Yes, you keep us all waiting...
pero lo hacemos con cariƱo!

Antonia

Unknown said...

ok, now you're just gettin cheeky!