Saturday, April 26, 2008

The wedding!

Oh wow, what a day. It passed as quickly as everyone said it would. I wouldn't say I breezed through it in a haze of bliss because it's such a weird, busy, surprising, emotional day, but I definately enjoyed it and so did Alex. He looked incredibly dapper, dressed in a dark brown, modern suit and I loved loved loved my dress. I went to the hairdresser and asked for wedding hair that "wasn't too bridal" so the hairdresser laughed at me! I wanted a 60's style, beehive but not amy winehouse, and got one! On the morning it went up even higher than in the practice which was a bit scary, and it took a few goes, but with the dress I think it looked incredible. When we got back home, Linda had been waiting for the flower delivery while we were having our hair done, and that's when the hecticness really kicked in, along with my nerves. Once I was in my dress I couldn't move anyway so I actually didn't get as much done as I needed. I ended up forgetting totally the beautiful pearl necklace that Laura brought from madrid and the matching earings, both were our grandmothers and I still feel sick to think about it. Despite all this though the flowers were beautiful, and my parents arrived and both looked very happy and smart, as did auntie Pru who came with them. Emma's tantrum seemed to die down while she watched the Simpsons on dvd and Ruth the photographer made it all seem under control by snapping away quietly and getting me dad and danielle to pose. The cat did not know what to make of it all! Here are a few shots:

So anyway; we saw people off (Mum, Pru, Ruth and Linda) and tried to stop the cat escaping, sorted out Emma and put on the last of our make up, finished our bucks fizz and the driver arrived in the large Daimler which we were all going to drive off in. We got out of the car and the next door neighbour was just taking their puppy for a walk. He wasn't on a lead. I waved and smiled and said "I'm going to get married" then the beaming smile faded as the doggie bounded over to investigate. We did the useless girlie thing and fretted while the puppy had the time of his life jumping on us before (after several shrill requests for help) our neighbour Paige gethered herself and her dog. I don't blame her though, its not every day you see a girl in a big white frock... We piled into the car and drove slowly to church. I thought we were late because of a last minute panic (when me and dad were in the car the girls had real trouble locking the front door and it all got a little stressful) but actually we were ok.


That last picture is us just waiting to walk down the aisle. The vicar was at the front, everyone was seated and he was saying something to the congregatio. The verger led us up the path to that point and that's when I noticed it. "Why is it so quiet?" I asked her "Oh yes, erm, well the organist doesn't seem to have turned up" queue reaction:

2 comments:

Don't Feed The Pixies said...

Nice to hear the modern approach to church songs mentioned. Hope you got a partial refund from the keyboard player?

Nice venue, glad you enjoyed. Hope NY was good

Lau said...

It was a beautiful place and the thing about the organist quite surprised us all, but it gave a 'special' touch to the ceremony!!!!

:D