Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Back down to earth...

Today I was able to finally stay at home and recover from my first week back at work. It's been a long week, 8 days, after the best ever holiday in NY, and I'm still shattered. But hey, this weekend is a bank holiday, or long weekend, so whoopee!
Among all the many chores of the day I went around the house taking down our wedding cards and took awhile to read them and enjoy them. We had so many cards, presents and gifts of money that it made us both quite abashed and we felt very cherished. Going back through the cards was lovely, I just can't believe that next week we'll have been married a month!
I would have left the cards up longer but there were so many they were taking over the house and with them up I hadn't even managed to put up my birthday cards! So now my first ever "Wife" card is up and I'm happy! Btw, Alex always picks very beautiful birthday and Christmas cards, he's got quite a talent for it so I'm very lucky...
Next post will cover the honeymoon and then I promise to stop banging on about the wedding! x

3 comments:

Lau said...

Do not stop banging on about the wedding! It's lovely to read you!!!!

Love,
Lau

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree with Laura. It's so good to read the excitement coming from your mind.
About the WIFE CARD....Yes, the very first one....sends you a special tingle...May Alex choose that unique card forf you for many happy future years.

mumxx

Don't Feed The Pixies said...

Picking the right card is an art form - you have to wade through the overly sentimental ones, the fart-joke ones, the ones about in-laws and find one that still says something to your partner/friend/relative. Or you could just go in to the shop and grab the first one you see...