Saturday, July 07, 2007

Working again

It's good to be working again. You might be able to tell that I've been a tad busy what being the blog going all quiet; my apologies.
I left BioCare feeling a tad wobbly but threw myself into the newest project, finding a new job. And it worked! But since starting at Leukaemia CARE I've been sooo tired! I probably didn't rest as much as I needed and now it's just crazy how busy we are. Anyhoo...
I work as Marketing Officer for this charity which does a lovely job providing support to people who have leukaemia and their famillies and anyone who's affected basically. Imagine you've discovered that your husband or friend has Hodgkins Lymphoma. A few weeks ago I wouldn't have known even that that's a type of Leukaemia. There's more than 90 apparently, and I think it's 60,000 are diagnosed every year. Now they're off to the doctors but they're not dealing with it too well and they don't want to answer your questions or talk about it at all. What do you do? Well you contact Leukaemia CARE and they supply information and a nearby volunteer with any luck who can visit you, sympathise and draw on their experience because all volunteers have to have had experience of leukaemia. Many of them are in remission and you should hear the stories of how dedicated they are, getting on buses to go who knows where when they should probably think about having a kip themselves. Anyway, I'm proud that if I have to represent anyone, it's them.
So I've been working away like a good 'un. More exciting stuff to follow on the next post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great! glad to see a couple of photos of the wedding, any chance of putting a close up of the charming bride and groom? thanks darling.
xxmum