Saturday, July 28, 2007

Emma's birthday

A couple of weeks ago it was a beautiful saturday morning and it wasn't raining or flooding or anything! It was the morning of the Kings Norton Festival, and the village rallied round to put on a lovely 'do'. I met Alan Naylor, a supporter of Leukaemia CARE since being disgnosed with Leukaemia a few years back and together we looked after a stall for the charity. It was such a nice day!







From there I walked to Nathan and Laura's for Emma's 2nd birthday party. The good weather held and the barbeque was a great chance to catch up with all the Collins and Nunnerley family, most of whom we hadn't seen since the wedding. Hannah and boys Jack and Ozzie were there, all of Emma's cousins, Laura's sister and our friends; it was a really good bash!









Then to top it all off, the piste de la resistence, the finale to every good barbeque, we had a ball fight! It erupted after Laura's mum quietly started collecting the balls from Emma's ball pool and then started chucking them - then the boys weighed in and we were all caught in a flurry of balls for about 20 minutes! I laughed til my sides were about to split! My face ached, and the balls kept flying. I got a few good shots in too, Alex teaching me how to throw has finally paid off. As the evening wore on me and Al were one of the last left, sitting out in the garden til gone midnight, telling jokes. The only problem was I'd caught sunstroke a bit so I was freezing! But it was a great day, Emma had a brilliant time!

No comments: