Tuesday, October 24, 2006

some research

I like a project, as you all know, or rather I like to distract myself with random stuff... So my current project is family history. You see, although everyone knows that mum's spanish and dad's english, sorry Celt, ahem... well, few know that back in 1852 a certain Elizabeth Richards, daughter of William and Elizabeth (nee Higgins) was born. She went onto great things. From her home in Wales she grew up, went to school, went on to be a governess and moved to Madrid, where she had some pretty important neighbours - she lived right next to the royal palace!
I'd love to trace her movements, find out if she settled in Spain, and see if I have another spanish line in our family! If anyone knows of a useful website/forum etc then please let me know!



3 comments:

Luis said...

I live right next to the royal palace myself... :)

Unknown said...

show off!
I'd love to find out about her, though, just in case...

Anonymous said...

Too long, in the post.
However, just to say that whilst WE take world-wide travel as common
it was different in her day, to move from her rural life to the posh part of Madrid. She would not have been able to "nip home", not even for family funerals. She probably went home once in five years. WE'll soon be back to horse and cart, too! TAD.