Thursday, October 05, 2006

Allotment fever

Wedding fever might be replaced by allotment fever.

See fellow allotment blog at http://allotment21.blogspot.com/ and marvel...

To explain: Alex plays for footie team called Mosely Town FC, two of his mates have acquired green fingers, both heterosexual men with partners and responsibilities, yes, and they are just about to get what is by all accounts a rather large allotment. Me and Alex will cultivate a third and we're planning much more green fingeredness for 2007...

We'll be eating more fresh healthy food and I must say, as our crops in the garden dwindle I'm loathing Sainsbury's more than ever and looking forward to pulling my first potatoes out of the new plot.

Vicky and Pete's response was one of horror, but just wait until we invite them to a barbeque, then they'll come to eat their words. No we're not getting old, it's a perfectly respectable occupation for a pair of 20 somethings I'm told for the 21st century... Allotments are IN!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gem, I tried calling the other night but for some strange reason I seem to have the wrong number and apart from knocking on your mum's door I couldn't think of any other way to get in contact with you. Please can you call or text me with your number? Hope you are both ok. x

Unknown said...

we are both great - have emailed you with numbers but will text when I'm home, have forgotten my mobile today! Hope you are ok, everything alright? Actually I'll phone you when I'm home, love Gem x

Luis said...

Allotments are IN?

You sure?

Whatever! :D

Lau