Monday, June 12, 2006

A Thank You

A big thank you to everyone for leaving such lovely messages of support. I feel loved!

I have started my second week at Biocare and it was a busy weekend too so there's lots to tell you, so lets start with...

BioCare. I have been taking my lunches in the sun, enjoying the BEAUTIFUL weather we've been having recently. And to give you an idea of this little oasis I took some more pictures... Sorry if this is boring you, just skip to the next bit!






We went gosling hunting so I could get a shot of the cute little fluffy babies, but the second I brought a camera to work they went into hiding... I haven't given up yet though!






And this is the view from my desk! The herons make a lot of noise for no apparent reason, they just like to make a fuss. There's a main road just behind the bushes - if you look you can just about see a white truck going past, but it feels like we're in the middle of the countryside!



The first week went well. The training was very much just get stuck in, and I did. I feel like I pretty much know what I'm doing already!

This weekend the world cup began, like we hadn't noticed! Alex is currently glued to the box, watching his third match of the day, his sixth in two days! The man is a machine! So Nathan and Laura came over with Emma and we had a pre-match barbeque. There are George crosses all over the close and quite a party atmosphere here. Nathan and Alex disappeared upstairs to watch England vrs Paraguay and me and Laura entertained Emma for a few hours. Unfortunately Emma had been in close contact with her cousin who next day came out in very strong chicken pox, and because I've never had chicken pox I kept Emma at arms length. We had fun but she did occasionally frown at me as though she realised I wasn't acting normally because usually I pick her up and throw her all over the place!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a joy to have that view from your desk!!!!!
Thanks for your World Cup link, I've just been practising portuguese...Viva la Samba!