Sunday, April 30, 2006

Other bits and bobs

I have some other bits of non-birthday news.
Firstly I want to congratulate my cousin in Barcelona Gemma Pardo Cruxent on acquiring her first post degree job. Everyone knows it's a slow and painful journey going from graduate to employee, it usually goes in fits and starts, results in many let downs and disappointments, many lessons hard-learned... and no one warns you!!!!!!!!!!!! So anyway, well done Gemma!

Primero quiero congratular a mi prima Gemma en Barcelona por conseguir su primer empleo en psichologia despues de terminar su carrerra. Nadie te dice que sera tan dificil y frustrante conseguirlo, y una vez conseguido solo empieza la diversion! Pero muy bien hecha Gem por no perder tu fe y tu paciencia!!!!!!!

Secondly, after an interview with LANTRA, the sector skills agency for the landed industries I have been offered a 6 month contract which basically sees me through until Christmas. It is more money and in a qay quite prestigious so I am chuffed to bits. We'll see how it works out as it is a long drive away, it's in Stoneleigh.

Un compania me ha ofrecido un puesto de 6 meses trabajando en su departamento de marketing. Estoy muy feliz, claro, aun que sea un viaje mas larga, pero te lo ire contando...

Some very sad news reached me when Mum told me about Vicky Ball. Many of you won't know her but she is from Igualada and an absolutely smashing lady. Well she suffered with cancer for a few years and I found out that she died on Tuesday. This was just so sad, and I just wanted to remember her here, with you. In memory of her I'm going to try and laugh and enjoy life as much as I can because every time I think of Vicky I remember her smiling.
Oi una noticia de parte de mama que me sorprendo y me entristezo mucho. La preciosa Victoria Ball ha fallecido. Fue por cancer y es una gran lastima porque siempre la recuerdo sonriendo y viviendo la vida con ganas y felicidad. En honor a ella, pues, voy a tratar a sonreir al maximo que puedo.

Some obligatory gardening/diy news: Well it wouldn't be the same otherwise! We finished the pantry! The kitchen is officially complete - hallelujah! The floor is done the walls, everything. And the new shelving is very smart - Alex did a very good job. We're going to get a freezer for the space but meanwhile here it is - finally I'm not ashamed of picturing it on the blog! Ok this is not an exciting picture but you can't imagine how please this made me!

And some more diy news, here's a picture of the beautiful hall now that Alex has properly finished the floor we invested in some nice wall hangings to tie it all in together. God I sound like I'm in that TV programme "How not to decorate"!

Claro no seria blog sin noticia de la casa y veras que hemos terminado la despensa (palabra correcta?) y el vestibulo! Finalmente!

Finally, drum roll please... the shallots I planted have just poked tender green shoots out of the earth - they're growing folks! They and the herbs are doing particularly well, although the slugs have launched an attach on my precious courgette plant...

That's about it... xxx

Finalmente, rodillo del tambor por favor, los chalotes que planté acaban de empujar lanzamientos verdes blandos afuerra de la tierra! Estoy celebrando, aunquelos lingotes han lanzado una fijación en mi planta preciosa del calabacín...

Ya esta... terminao! xxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Gemma...!!! It's a big sorprise...
Mucha suerte en tu nuevo trabajo, y gracias por tu felicitación. Eres un solete!!!

Kisses,

Gemma

Anonymous said...

Que guapa estas Gemma Pardo, tambien te felicitamos.Oye cuca, las fotos del cumple son muy chulas,y me alegra veros a todos tan felices.Me has emocionado leyendo lo que dices de mi amiga Victoria(Vicky), seguro que ella lee tu blog desde el cielo...

Unknown said...

Hey mum, have a look at the photos of boats on the next entry, there's on in particular that made me think of you! Click on them and you'll a larger version of each photo otherwise you won't be able to see the detail... Gem x