Friday, April 14, 2006

Easter weekend

We finished work on Thursday in jubilant mood - it was the beginning of our 4 day weekend! After a nice lie in this morning we had a productive day. We did two trips to the tip and got rid of the bricks, paving slab and old work tops that had been cluttering up the garden since ripping out the old kitchen in November! Then we visited Sainsbury's, swept the garden, cleaned the windows, hoovered, cleaned and dusted and Alex also did a few hours on the hall floor - it's nearly finished!
Since then we had my uncle David and his fiancee Angela over for dinner. It was a very pleasant evening and I loved catching up. They've asked me to be their bridesmaid next June! Very excited! They live in Plymouth so it'll be a lovely chance for a long weekend getaway as well as a chance to get all dressed up!
I'm off to have a look at cake recipes for Sunday; we're having the 2 sets of parents and Als gran Dos over for Easter lunch.
By the way, if you're wondering whether anything is happening on the wedding front, my job situation needs to be sorted before we make any concrete plans... I'll let you know.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www2.warnerbros.com/happyfeet/
I've forgotten which email address you're using now - i get easily confused! So had to send you this....
Check out these trailers they're so funny! We have to go see it at the IMAX in Brum when in comes out! Pretty please :)

Luis said...

Hope you had a lovely Easter...

Love
Lau

Unknown said...

Oh my god! Those penguins are SOOOOOO great! I am desperate to see Happy Feet! Why do we have to wait til November???? Jump and groove and jump and groove... yey!

Anonymous said...

I'll try again, my previous comment disappeared. We had a good time at your house on Sunday complemented with a good meal.Keep it up! Thank you darlings.Also said we went to the Arts Centre to enjoy the wit of Gervase Phinn a former primary school inspector, his anecdotes, observations etc are so funny, highly recommended!