Sunday, November 15, 2009

The last week

Or alternatively this post could have been entitled "Hectic".
I started at Ernst & Young on Monday and it's been a bit of a baptism of fire. Usually I start a job and the last 5 times at least I've been surrounded by apologies. 'Sorry it's so busy, you've joined at a really bad time.' 'Sorry there isn't much time to train you, but you look as if you're ok' etc. Temp or perm that's always how it's been. I can't recall having training that's lasted more than a morning and all this week has been nothing but! There are 20 of us and we are all joiners, mostly new, and all of us have been trained on the procedures and equipment all week, with another week scheduled in to go before we go live. It's pretty heavy but reassuring and it's just a very different work environment to get used to. However plus points so far are:
Easy journey in to work, nice people starting alongside me, nice managers (so far), nice toilets, city centre location (therefore good for shops and yummy lunches)
However every night after work I got the bus home then jumped in the car and drove to Solihull for the final rehearsals of The Small Hours. On Friday and Saturday we performed in front of approx 290 people which was a real thrill. It has left me officially pooped however. Too tired to write much more but below are the photos I took on my camera of the set build, rehearsals and break down. In a few weeks I should get the official photos and be able to see what I looked like! In summary though it was great fun!

Este semana he empezado mi trabajo nuevo y ademas presentamos el obra de teatro este fin de semana y cada noche he estado ensayando. Esta manana desmantelamos el escenario y al finar puedo descansar. Bueno, descansar - es decir planchar mientras viendo Doctor Who...
















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's so exciting to see my daughter's name and rest of cast being mentioned by an amateur theatre critic so positively!!!
WELL DONE MY DARLING!!!We really enjoyed the production.

Your proud

MUM