Sunday, February 01, 2009

Nude with Violin

We had our first rehearsal on thursday, I loved it! The only bad thing is I wish I was on stage more. I am sad when I have to walk off to let everyone get on with their bits - what a nightmare I am! SO with fewer lines I'm just going to have to throw everything at Marie Celeste, my character. I've been looking on the internet for style ideas then I'm going to trawl the internet for retro clothes. If I can I'll be wearing the correct bra, shoes, necklace; everything!


Nude with violin by Noel Coward will be on at the Old Rep theatre in June, and I will be selling tickets. Hold on to your hats darlings!
(PS - for anyone who had rude thoughts about the Billesley Players website that's perfectly understandable. Like many small acting troups they haven't really looked after their website. However we are in the process of getting it updated so no more nasty comments ok?)









4 comments:

Don't Feed The Pixies said...

Hey - at least your group HAS a website. I know of some groups that still think that if they concentrate hard enough everyone will just find out about them through osmosis. Doesn't exactly draw in new business though.

There's lots of retro clothes shops now, but its quite expensive so take your time. Won't they just expect you to pop into the costume department?

Unknown said...

To be fair they have already said we can use the costume dept but it is Sarah's hen do from uni in march and we're having tea at the ritz followed by a 1950's part later - there's about 1000 reasons to get over excited along a 50's theme so I thought I'd maybe purchase a few pieces for the do that I could re-use on stage but we'll see. The main thing is I want to know what look I'm going for then if I can't get it for free I'll make it myself but I don't intend to spend too much. If you see any long 50's tight skirts let me know! x

Don't Feed The Pixies said...

My (admittedly limited) experience of the stage would indicate that most directors would frog march their cast to the ends of the earth to make sure everything on stage fits in with their artistic vision, rather than allow them to chose for themselves.

You must have found the only non-robot Director on the planet!

But if you have an ulterior motive then have fun shopping!

Anonymous said...

I must say I've been bemused at reading about your enthusiasm for "retro clothes" necklaces etc.I love the way you love it all!Mind you, as Paul well says, a word of advice from the director is essential, my opinion.
Hey!This party at the Ritz couldn't be more timely! it sounds wonderful!

Mumxx