Saturday, January 10, 2009

motto fo 09

A friendly pixie gave me this bit of advice that I love "remember always that, as life is essentially pointless it’s only purpose HAS to be to give it meaning."

And on that note who noticed the Humanist advert that was taken out that has got the Christians all in a huff? The British Humanist Association took out an ad on buses that used the strap line: "There's probably no god. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life"
I'm a Christian and I think it's fantastic! Anything that gets people debating. But predictably the reaction is not to turn the other cheek but to get their saintly knickers in a twist. God christians are sometimes unbearable!

Today I saw an interesting line that I think rounds this up nicely. "Doubt is not the opposite of faith. It is a composite part of faith." And with that I shall get off this particular high horse.

4 comments:

Lau said...

""Doubt is not the opposite of faith. It is a composite part of faith." And with that I shall get off this particular high horse."

Mmmm... not sure if I understand what you mean by "this particular high horse"... or not sure it can be what I think it is!

Love anyway! ^_^

Don't Feed The Pixies said...

I saw a great response to this bus ad, which i still haven't seen for myself, in The Metro this morning - which was to the effect that although the busses advertise The Wedding Planner as the funniest film of all time and tell you that you can get free Broadband (when nothing is ever free) that doesn't mean you have to take it seriously either.

Nice to see them hedging their bets though incase a big hand comes down from on high and smites them!

Unknown said...

hmm high horse is a colloquialism of course, getting on your high horse means getting pompous and opinionated, maybe going on a bit about a subject that most probably is a bit moral.
xx

Anonymous said...

...talking about high horse...you know how I can be quite opinionated about spelling and I suddenly saw my own spelling mistake in the previous comment.I'll have humble pie in my next meal...

To my sweetie pie

mum