Monday, February 26, 2007

The quiet before the storm...

It was such a nice quiet weekend, we'd been waiting for one for ages! Next week Al's in Oldham, the week after I'm in Brighton, the one after that is Linda's bday celebrations on St Patrick's day followed by Mothers day and I think the one after that I'm in London. God I feel tired just thinking about it all!
Friday was Nathan's birthday. We all went to the Cotteridge Village Inn; me, Al, Phil B, Hez, Nath, Laura and sister LC. It was a lot of fun but I did feel slightly the worse for wear the next morning. Ironically it was this that set the tone for the next 2 days; gentle days of recovery!
We spring cleaned the house really well, like it hadn't been done in years. Like under the stairs which had been getting increasingly unruly is spacious for the first time in ages! We started to get excited about forthcoming GIY projects. And we actually managed to sit down and talk about the wedding...
Got a press release approved for Restoration, did the shopping and a MAMOTH recycling shift - I swear I spent half an hour dropping cans into the bin!!! I must add that barely a fifth of it was mine...
Then we got wind that a council van was going to come around to collect big rubbish, so we actually managed to clear the garage for the first time in TWO YEARS! Might even be able to get a car in...

1 comment:

Lau said...

Wanna come and clean my house? ^_^

We actually did a bit or cleaning too on sat morning... our house was sooo dirty you wouldn't believe it! :)))

Anyway, drink lots of fresh orange juice to keep you up and running for the upcoming weeks, hon!

Love
Lau