Sunday, January 21, 2007

1st month in 07

Well we're almost a month in, can you believe it?
I went to Cov for Lisa's birthday last week. That was fun, got to catch up with her properly for the first time in ages. Then I saw the parents which was good. In between then and now I have had a week of working 10-6, which is quite nice because I got a chance to do yoga in the morning and let the cat out before work; a nice gentle start!
This coming week I am on 8-4, it's good cause I'll finish early but it's going to be BUSY and I'll be knackered! There are a few things to look forward to. This week I've got one of my last Nutrition classes - only a couple left now. I'm writing up my projects and things, and yesterday I went over to Linda's for her 'consultation' - basically a thinly disguised excuse to drink wine and have a giggle. It was a good night!
On friday we also went over to Nath and Laura to see our friend Phil Blakey. It was quite an event because Nathan cooked!!!! Pollo Funghi, his speciality. He cooked it the last time he cooked for us - about 4 years ago, ha ha! But it was lovely to see him in the kitchen, I must say!
Laura starts with us in BioCare in early February and in only 2 days I find out what bonus we got for 2006 so I'm quite excited at work!
Today I went to church and came home and recorded my friend Rachel Bannister on the Carl Chinn show today. She and her partner Arthur wrote a book called Haunted Birmingham http://www.birminghamwalks.co.uk/ after organising lots of waunted tours across birmingham. Arthur died just after their book was published of pancreatic cancer, bless him, and I met Rachel through the Restoration. He was such a lovely guy and she did the interview as a dedication to him. She only lives around the corner anyway, so I get to catch up with her quite a bit. If anyone wants to buy her book you can get it from her website.
The last week has been really windy and stormy, but I haven't really noticed because I have such a short drive to work! It's great! Thank you to anyone who's been concerned, but we're all good here, thanks!

2 comments:

Lau said...

Glad to hear you're safe and sound. After reading the newspaper i was quite worried, :))))

Anyway, we've just been on the phone for like an hour or so, so i have nothing else to tell you, hehehehehe.

You know i hate you, don't you? I wish i had a 8-4 schedule. I'd be soooooooo happy, ^_^ Anyway, hope you get a nice 2006 bonus, girl! You certainly deserve it.

Okay, i really really should go and do some ironing (been saying this for hours!)

Un besote guapa
Lau

Unknown said...

Get on with that bloody ironing girl! You've been making excuses for hours! And you don't have a cat to fight with! Seriously, thank you for calling and for the nice long chat. You're the best cousin a girl could have and a lovely person. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx