Sunday, November 26, 2006

Busy weekend - ish

Well this weekend has been all about organising things and fitting in as many sensible bits and bobs that need doing before Christmas as possible...

First: Mortgage.
Our first two years were nearly up, and so was the mortgage product we bought had rearly ran out. Can you believe it? So we sat and went through all the financial stuff with our very nice branch manager, Alan Robbins. He remembered us from 2 years ago when we first bought our house, which was lovely!
In the end we plumped for a 10 year one, wow... we'll be 36 when that one is up, yikes! Anything could have happened, we could have kids, we could have moved house, we could even be living in the UK where the Euro is the currency! Factoring in all the risks we decided 10 years was the most sensible, even so. It struck me that this was possibly as big a decision as buying the house in the first place, almost as big as getting married will be in 2008!!!

And on that note, we went to see two venues with a view to planning the big day. One we wrote off entirely, the other looked promising. The one we wrote off was Studley castle, great potential but not quite there yet. The other, I'm keeping close to my chest ;)!
Today I signed up to The Organ Donor register online. A few months ago I sang at an organ donor celebration service and I recently heard about this site. I have signed dozens of those organ donor cards and then gone and lost them so I think this is a terrific site. I like the thought that I could be usful after I'm gone and it's so easy to sign up, I'd recommend it to anyone who's lost those cards like me, just follow the link:
https://www.uktransplant.org.uk/ukt/how_to_become_a_donor/registration/consent.jsp

Today, Sunday, I walked to church and back, and Alex played football. They drew 4-4, quite a good game by all accounts. Now we're off for sunday lunch with his parents - who we haven't seen for ages. Then I think Alex has a date with the Man U vrs Chelsea game at the Jug of Ale...
boys...!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

about time you signed up! Perhaps you'd like to watch the video at the following site and post it !!http://www.myspace.com/idgiveyouone