Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The big surprise

Tiet and Tieta came for lunch last sunday which was wonderful, we all had a drink, then we went for a walk along the canal so I could show them around. I made dinner; roast pork with honey and potato and pea mash with gravy, then we had apricot cake for pudding with custard. I wanted them to have something quite english and we eat in the garden because the weather held up just about and it was still warm.














On August 13th it was my parents' 30th wedding anniversary and the last few weeks have been the big build up. Unfortunately it was Nathan's stag do so Alex had to go off and have a fun time there, so everyone asked me 'where's Alex?' 'when do I get to meet Alex?' etc...
Anyway, I met auntie Pru in town and we went for lunch at Etna's, where I got into an argy-bargy exchange with an insolent waitor... Anyway, I decorated the bar and waited for the guests to arrive, in the end we had about 25 guests, friends and family.

Here are a few photos of the night. We had a buffet, champagne and a cake, but the best bit was mum and dad's faces! I've never seen dad speechless for so long... And mum's shriek nearly lifted the roof - bearing in mind it was a spire that's quite an achievement!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best kept secret of the best party in town. So proud of our Gemma!!!!!!!!THANK YOU CUCA MEVA!!!!!!!!! MIL BESOS, MUM
¡Anda! mira como empina el codo la tieta Teresa.¡¡¡Ja,Ja,Ja!!!

Luis said...

Wow, cool!!!!!

I'm so glad you updated the blog with the info, i was waiting you know! :)))

Well, i'm just sorry we couldn't make it, but it's great to read (and see) that everyone had a great time...

Congratulations!
Lau