Thursday, March 16, 2006

another week going by

Well since going to see the film with my parents we've had more than a week, full of fun and frolics... On Friday me and Alex had dinner together and did what we haven't done for AGES - we watched a film together. We generally sit down to watch a dvd, but it tends to be comedys. We've got loads of films that we've never even seen once, even though we both love films. We watched 24 Hour Photo, with Robin Williams and it was very good even though the ending was a bit pants. It was a lovely evening, the cat decided she needed some personal space and left us to it!

Then on Saturday we both did some more diy. I painted the top half of the hallway, it still needs a second coat but it's getting there. It is a nice very pale lilac with a gentle sheen to it... very nice! My friend Jess from church came over for a cup of tea and a natter. Then Alex had an absolute victory - he finally managed to fix the light fitting in the upstairs living room! For six months the centre of the ceiling just had a hole - now it has a smart little light! Alex must have worked on it for a total of about 18 hours over the last 6 months! What a guy! Picture to follow!

He cooked a meal for Nathan to eat while they watched the football and I went over to Laura's where she had cooked a stew and me her and her best mate Emma watched a film and nattered. I also saw The Breakfast Club for the first time - actually quite good for the bratpack era. Finally I left her asleep on the sofa and walked home. It was a good night!

Then on Sunday Alex's football match was cancelled due to too much rain. We were both able to attend Leah's baptism - Nathan's niece. It was unlike most baptisms I'd been to as it was a catholic ceremony, yet all those catholic services with the brownies must have sunk in because I was able to join in with some prayers I hadn't voiced aloud since being a small child!

We had sunday lunch with Alex's parents, drove Dos home, and went home to rest and prepare for the next week!

No comments: