Monday, August 29, 2011

The fun part 2

There's more...
This week me and mum had arranged to go shopping for baby bedding. We went to Mothercare at Shirley Retail Park and my two mum's were very good to Bean, very good indeed! Bless him, the little chap's being spoilt to death and he's not even out... To say thankyou I took us for lunch at Mortons in Dickens Heath as it's on the way home and we had a very pleasant day together.

Mum, Fran and me
 Then, yesterday, lovely Laura came by for me at 3pm to take me to an unnamed location... Intriguing! Her sat nav said Knowle was the destination, and I suspected there was some kind of baby shower awaiting me but had no idea what to expect. Final destination was, it turned out, the Heron's Nest pub in Knowle where around 15 of my friends and my mum were waiting for me alongside the brains behind the operation, Danielle. It was such a surprise and so wonderful to see everyone together! Friends who aren't normally thrown together getting along like a house on fire; that really floats my particular boat!




Claire and the cake 'assembled' by Danielle

Teresa playing 'Stick the dummy on the baby'
  
The baby

And the winner is..!


The group
There was Danielle Sumner and Susie Emerton, Ruth Gallagher, Vicky Gilhoully, Laura with Emma, ben and mum Gill, Danielle and mum Wendy, my mum (of course :)), Pauline Weaver, Teresa Salter with Sian, Catherine Shelley, Claire Davies, and if I've forgotton anyone then my hugest apologies. I was shaking for a few minutes then after catching up with people, some of whom I hadn't seen in YEARS, I settled down to opening presents! Oh my goodness were our friends generous! Danielle's mum had made flower arrangements for the table and helped Danielle set up, Laura had had the brainwave of games and Danielle had pulled the whole thing together. And all the guests had driven through the wilds of Warwickshire to come together and spol little Bean rotten. He now has more outfits than me! And impressively there was a smattering of clothes across the ages newborn, 0-3 months, 3-6 months and 6-9 months so they bought SMART. Mum bought everyone's drink to say thank you. Emma, who hadn't been feeling well for days, rallied and was at her most charming. Everyone contributed. I must say I am massively grateful to all my lovely friends... words aren't enough.

At church yesterday the vicar Jane gave me communion and said a blessing on the child within, a personal touch of hers that is just eautiful. She blessed him and I thought 'he truly is blessed'. It's a bank holiday Monday today and yesterday afternoon Alex put the icing on the cake by building his cot. So Bean has a bed and a wardrobe! I'm starting to pinch myself and think this long-dreamed of baby is going to be a reality soon. Happy days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks darling,such lovely photos!!!
The Baby Shower party was charming indeed, a first experience for me! Yes, you're lucky to have so many good friends.

Reading about the vicar and blessing, aaaahhh!I'm so moved!!

Love to everyone

mum

Don't Feed The Pixies said...

Fun is not what it used to be mind

Remember fun sized mars bars? Who would have thought fun was so small

Anonymous said...

FELICIDADES . POR TANTOS REGALOS PARA EL PEQUE.
ESTAIS MUY BIEN EN LA FOTO DE LAS TRES MUJERES MAS IMPORTANTES EN LA VIDA DEL CHIQUITIN . BESOS PARA LAS ABUELAS Y LOS PAPAS
TIETA