Saturday, January 09, 2010

Post Christmas news

There's been so much going on to tell you all about. Biggest news is the rate at which my best friends are multiplying... Firstly my cousin Laura had her first baby, a boy named Eric on December 23rd and everyone's thrilled for her and Luis; well done guys Dan and Rach had their second, also a boy, called Samuel on the 5th Jan. Emily's due sometime this month too and our best mates Nathan and Laura are now expecting their number two too! It's amazing... Best of luck to everyone and lots of love and best wishes!
Then there's the snow... I work on the 8th floor of the Colmore Square building in the centre and normallly the view is spectacular: but this last week it's been like this:














Waiting for the bus has been fun... but not too bad if I'm honest. Unlike the road network for cars (which has been a nightmare) the journey into town on the bus has been relatively stress free; which is a good job since the snow is set to continue!














Just before Christmas me and my parents took a trip to the German Christmas Market in the town centre which comes every year from Frankfurt. It was really nice and much bigger than I remembered. We had mulled wine and some schnitzel, then mooched around the stalls for a couple of hours before parting. I took photos of us having mulled wine in the traditional cups...















But after the indulgences of Christmas - and there were many - I have decided to lose a stone. I joined a gym just prior to Xmas but put all the weight I'd lost back on... so this week I went three times before work, in the snow. I appear to have lost a few pounds so I'm on my way, wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good luck on achieving your target of losing one stone. Remember, it's not just gym, it's LESS ON THE PLATE!
Charming photo of us drimking glùwein.Thanks darling.\instead of singing we were drinking in the rain!Still,happy moments of life!

Mumxx

Don't Feed The Pixies said...

I really miss going to the gym, but January-February always used to make me laugh, because you couldn't get on any machines thanks to all the new years resolutioners

Here's hoping your health kick proves more enduring.

PS: I used to have a stone too, but i also lost it - think it fell out of my pocket xx