Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My job, The Small Hours and a surprise

A month ago I took the momentous decision to throw myself onto the winds of fate and hand in my resignation at Leukaemia CARE. My problem was that I couldn't be anything but 100% committed to keep up with the work that was needed in my role and that didn't allow me the energy to look for another job... it was catch 22 for quite a few reasons. Anyway, I made my decision and the last month was hard because I don't like feeling as though I'm letting people down and there were quite a few disappointed people when I made my decision. But it was the right thing to do for me and I'm sure they'll get someone to replace me who does a bang up job. 

When I think of what I've achieved there it's a marvel, actually, some things I'm really proud of...
Anyway, it's my first official day without a job or a plan and when I look at the list of things I have to do before we go on holiday on sunday I'm actually quite glad to have the next few days off.

One thing I'm looking for is the opportunity to be an extra and I have signed up to an extra's site where hopefully I'll hear of something useful. Fingers crossed!

Then out of the blue a girl from Billesley Players informed the director that she will be unable to see the play through because of all her other commitments and he offered me the part!!! So on Friday 13th and Saturday 14th November 2009, I will be performing as Millie in The Small Hours by Francis Durbridge at the Dovehouse Theatre, Solihull. Tickets are a mere £8. You can pre book from 0121 743 4402 Or download the booking form from the website which is www.billesleyplayers.co.uk/

Yey!

So, on holiday I will be reading the play to learn my part in and amongst my summer reading...

2 comments:

Don't Feed The Pixies said...

Well - be careful of agencies like this because some of them aren't completely legit and will try and persuade you to pay for a portfolio.

Extra work is mostly hanging about for hours and most actors spend 80% of their time unemployed - but you never can tell: you could find yourself sweating inside a darlek costume before you know it :)

Seriously - good luck finding something new

Don't Feed The Pixies said...

oh and don't break a leg vis a vis The Small Hours - i believe its very painful and generally best avoided