Sunday, April 19, 2009

My debut speeding along

The time for my acting debut, as Marie Celeste in Nude with Violin, is speeding towards us! I've learned my lines, pretty much and I think I know more or less my movements, so it's a question of polishing it and interracting with the other actors properly. It's a baptism of fire. Back in January I was happily criticising David Tennant and Catherine Tate in Dr Who (not much to criticise, but there you go) now here I am stumbling along through the process I realise how much more complex it really is. And I only have french tlines to learn. Sebastien, the main man, speaks French, Spanish, English Russian and Chinese!

I'd love it to be a sell out. On the one hand. On t'other that's a scary thought too! But I'd rather do this in front of a full house than an empty one if I'm honest.

Our flyer is below, you can book tickets for the friday and saturday by calling 0121 249 3630, and they are a credit crunching superb value of £8. For that you get a comfy seat and 2 hours of entertainment. Sold yet? Good! If you can't be there just wish me luck please. Send me french vibes too, if you can...

I also took some photos at a rehearsal the other week. Gives you an idea of the small size of the group. They all seem like good friends who go back years with a few of us being relatively new to it all.
The director Pat, doing her thing
The group rehearsing in the palatial Billesley Community Centre, less than a month til books down!

Nick & Iain
Tracy and Doug

Judy

Tracy and Iain
An early set design
That's me and Iain

3 comments:

Lau said...

¡Mucha mierda!

:)

Don't Feed The Pixies said...

Just looking at Doug makes me think he has one of those plummy Donald Sinden voices - i hope i'm right!

Just remember when they finalize the set not to make the same mistake as Spinal Tap with "Stonehenge" - looks like you need to take stock of this one now as the set is tiny!

Anonymous said...

Great to see the actors in situ!
Nervewracking, it will be all right on the night!

BREAK A LEG!

mum