Saturday, March 31, 2007

Exhibition season

Oh. My. Gooooooooooooooooooooooood.
Busy busy busy.
Things to do, people to see... sorry the blog got left but you see it has been impossible to update it. Let's see...



BRIGHTON
BioCare had two stands at the Natural Trade Show in Brighton. I was only there for 2 days but we spend weeks building up to these things and days recovering from them so it's quite a big deal. Normally they have quite an understated stand, using shell scheme which is what you can see in the picture below.
But BioCare has grown a lot and wanted to flex its muscles so we put on a bit of a show. It was loads of fun! We had a specially designed stand upstairs on the gallery level and then a smaller one downstairs. When you're on a stand you have to be keen and interested in everything, which is fine, but it's like your senses are being overloaded with information for about 9 hours straight, 2 days running. Plus by the time you finish standing up for more like 11 hours in black smart shoes, even your comfiest ones, you'd probably pay someone 100's of pounds to be carried home. In fact some unscrupulous git could probably make a fortune at the end of trade shows selling slippers at an exorbitant price. I should cash in!

Anyway we learned loads and it was lovely to meet so many customers. Mostly they had good things to say too, because I can imagine it would be far harder to deal with if everyone had been nasty about us. There's nowhere to run to!

As it was Brighton I got very excited about seeing the see. But in the end I saw it on the drive in, the drive out and during my 2 15 minute lunches from the other side of the road, glinting in the sunshine. Any thoughts of walking along the pier, walking virtually anywhere, were knackered by the excesses of the show.
Have spent another 3 days at a consumer show, more madness and oh my god I needed my sleep last night when I got back!
Then in 2 weeks time we have Natural Products at Olympia in London.
If I make it to my birthday I might need new feet!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so when is your birthday then?P

Lau said...

FYI, April 23, :D

Unknown said...

Thanks Laura! My birthday is april 23rd, St George's day, patron saint of England and Catalunya - a born negotiator!!!

Lau said...

It's sooooo easy for me to remember (although i'm usually crap at sending prezzies!!!! :D), your birthday is Sant Jordi, hehehehe.

:D