Saturday, December 03, 2005

mad world

I'd just like you to note, it's saturday night, midnight to be precise, and I'm finishing off the cold pizza after having just finished painting the extension for the day...
Ah, life is a banquet!

Pads is contributing to this particular blog entry by stepping onto the computer keyboard, sitting on the mouse and generally getting in the way! When she finally stopped trying to walk all over the keyboard she went and stole Nathan's seat! tee hee hee!

Nathan and Al are having a male bonding night of playstation and beer. It seems this is necessary on a weekly basis to keep them happily adjusted, otherwise they assure me there's a chance they might keel over and die. I'm just working out how to hijack the launch of playstation 3 next year - Lord preserve us! Laura had the good sense to stay at hers and watch Breakfast at Tiffany's...

We're going out for Leon's birthday tomorrow night, Sunday night is a school night though so I'm planning to make it a snappy, alcohol free event. Then next weekend I'm rather excited because me and Hannah are off to visit our 1st year Griffin flatmates Sarah Emily and Susie in Sarah's new Oxford flat - not Cambridge as I'd somehow convinced myself it was..! It's Sarah's birthday too; goodness how many birthdays have there been recently?!
Ah, memories of Griffin... those cramped little flats were such fun that year! It flooded three times, the flats were unhygienic, and the only pleasant smell was Pete downstairs who'd bake his own bread - I'll never forget how good that smelt! And the Soash! And the boy's parties downstairs. Oh dear I'm getting nostalgic.
I'm off to wash out the paint from underneath my fingernails...

2 comments:

Luis said...

Ah... I do remember Griffin as well! Best 8 months as an Erasmus student, though not the best flat i've lived in, hehehehe. Anyway, it was fun. A shame i was there before you, would have been even better to be together! I loved the "block parties", those were cool, hehehe. Been doing some cleaning in my bedroom at my parents' (just today!) and i found so many pictures of my flatmates and Griffin and the parties. Lovely memories.

Love
Lau

Unknown said...

You introduced me to the Griffin experience - when I moved in there I already had good memories of the place which meant I felt aat home from day one. I went to have a look around there and it was the last year of students living there. My old block was lived in but some others were empty. I felt sure that Al and James would wander out any moment! but now it's been pulled down and new apartments built on the site. so sad! but they kept the entrance gate lodge so at least the site is marked.